We are shaping Queensland’s future by driving economic growth across our state and working together to deliver even better services, protect and enhance our lifestyle.
Our strategies communicate our key priorities, strategies and measures of success.
Strategic Plan 2023–27
Our vision is for Queensland to have world-class, thriving, inclusive and sustainable tourism, innovation, sport and active recreation sectors.
Our purpose is to provide and attract investment to build more competitive visitor and innovation economies, inspire sporting success through Queensland’s elite athletes, and support active, healthy communities.
Read our Strategic Plan 2023-27 on the Queensland Government Publications website.
The Queensland Government has a long-term commitment to grow the state’s tourism industry.
Towards Tourism 2032: Transforming Queensland’s visitor economy future is a collective framework to set the direction of tourism in Queensland for the next 10 years.
Tourism is a driving force in Queensland’s economy. Towards Tourism 2032 raises the profile of tourism and its importance to the economy. It directly supports growing Queensland’s economy via good jobs, better services and great lifestyle.
The vision is for Queensland to be Australia’s destination of choice for domestic and global visitors seeking the world’s best experiences by 2032. The industry is aiming to more than double the state's tourism overnight expenditure to more than $44 billion in overnight visitor expenditure (OVE) a year by 2032.
Read more about the Tourism Strategy.
Activate! Queensland 2019-2029
Activate! Queensland 2019-2029 is the Queensland Government’s 10-year strategy to embed activity in our daily lives, get more Queenslanders moving more often, and promote better connected communities.
The four priority areas of the strategy are:
- Activate Queenslanders – empower more Queenslanders to enjoy physical activity and improve their health and wellbeing in active communities.
- Activate Collaboration – create partnerships that maximise the impact of government and industry actions to benefit an active Queensland.
- Activate Environments – inspire activity with places and spaces that invite an active.
- Activate Success – drive elite success and deliver and promote world-class knowledge and facilities.
Read more about the Activate! Queensland 2019-2029 strategy.
Advance Queensland Roadmap
The Advance Queensland Innovation for a Future Economy 2022-2032 Roadmap is for everyone in Queensland’s innovation ecosystem. It will help drive a strong, resilient and inclusive Queensland economy.
The Advance Queensland initiative has laid the foundation for innovation to happen in Queensland. It has supported the creation, scale up and international success of many Queensland researchers, innovators and businesses.
Now is the time to build on this success and further accelerate Queensland’s future economy and jobs growth through innovation.
The Roadmap has six priorities:
- Capital attraction
- Research collaboration and commercialisation
- Talent, skills and new technologies
- Innovative and sustainable solutions
- Innovation precincts and places
- Connected and inclusive innovation ecosystem
We encourage you to visit the Advance Queensland website and read the new roadmap to learn more about our immediate actions and future directions and to discover some of the inspiring achievements in innovation so far.
Deadly Innovation Strategy
The Advance Queensland Deadly Innovation Strategy seeks to deliver jobs and economic wealth for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Our department is committed to supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander business leaders and innovators access the experts, inspiration and opportunities to generate new ideas and grow their sector.
We do this by harnessing relationships, strengthening respect and creating opportunity.
We invite all Queenslanders to read the full version of Deadly Innovation Strategy. The strategy outlines the three core aims that have been identified for action:
- Aim 1: Government will hear, by identifying and supporting a pathway for Indigenous businesses and innovators to achieve success.
- Aim 2: Government will share, by broadening access to existing opportunities.
- Aim 3: Government will activate, by securing funding and backing feasible deals.
Visit the Advance Queensland website to learn more about the strategy.
Last updated: 30 Jun 2023