We are shaping Queensland’s future by driving economic rebound and growth across our state as we work together to unite and recover from COVID-19.
Our strategies communicate our key priorities, strategies and measures of success.
Strategic Plan 2021–25
Our Strategic Plan outlines our vision to enrich the lives of Queenslanders by maximising our visitor and innovation economies and supporting healthy and active lifestyles.
Our purpose is to support the transformation of the Queensland economy by:
- creating a more competitive and resilient visitor economy
- enabling economy through innovation
- improving health and wellbeing outcomes through the sport and active recreation industry
- inspiring extraordinary sporting success.
Read the DTIS Strategic Plan 2021–25 on the Queensland Government Publications website.
The Queensland Government has a long-term commitment to grow the state’s tourism industry.
Advancing Tourism 2016–20 is our plan to grow tourism and jobs. It seeks to capitalise on the unprecedented growth in tourism to increase market share and boost tourism jobs by targeting four priority areas:
- Grow quality products — build on Queensland’s reputation for the variety, quality and safety of its destinations and its unique and niche world-class products and experiences.
- Invest in infrastructure and access — ensure that modern, high quality infrastructure is in place and visitors can enjoy seamless travel to and around Queensland.
- Build a skilled workforce and business capabilities — match tourism growth potential with a skilled workforce providing high quality service and building skills to meet future demand.
- Seize the opportunity in Asia — deliver an accelerated and targeted approach to maximise the opportunities in high-yield, rapid growth Asian markets.
Read more about the Tourism Strategy.
Activate! Queensland 2019-2029
Activate! Queensland 2019-2029 is the Queensland Government’s 10-year strategy to embed activity in our daily lives, get more Queenslanders moving more often, and promote better connected communities.
The four priority areas of the strategy are:
- Activate Queenslanders – empower more Queenslanders to enjoy physical activity and improve their health and wellbeing in active communities.
- Activate Collaboration – create partnerships that maximise the impact of government and industry actions to benefit an active Queensland.
- Activate Environments – inspire activity with places and spaces that invite an active.
- Activate Success – drive elite success and deliver and promote world-class knowledge and facilities.
Read more about the Activate! Queensland 2019-2029 strategy.
Advance Queensland Strategy
The Advance Queensland Building Our Innovation Economy strategy is a blueprint for Queensland's future to drive job growth and solve some of the state's largest challenges through innovation.
Through the Advance Queensland initiative the Queensland Government has invested $755 million to make Queensland’s innovation economy stronger.
This strategy identifies our future priorities and the key directions that will enable us to focus our efforts, solve our big challenges and prepare Queenslanders for the work of the future — by driving economic growth and creating jobs through innovation.
It sets out four key priorities that will be delivered in partnership with our stakeholders in as part of the next phase of Advance Queensland:
- Build on Queensland's strengths
- Back our regions to compete globally
- Scale up local solutions for new markets
- Invest in science and technology to create jobs
We encourage you to visit the Advance Queensland website and read the new strategy to learn more about our immediate actions and future directions and to discover some of the inspiring achievements in innovation, so far.
Deadly Innovation Strategy
The Advance Queensland Deadly Innovation Strategy seeks to deliver jobs and economic wealth for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Our department is committed to supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander business leaders and innovators access the experts, inspiration and opportunities to generate new ideas and grow their sector.
We do this by harnessing relationships, strengthening respect and creating opportunity.
We invite all Queenslanders to read the full version of Deadly Innovation Strategy. The strategy outlines the three core aims that have been identified for action:
- Aim 1: Government will hear, by identifying and supporting a pathway for Indigenous businesses and innovators to achieve success.
- Aim 2: Government will share, by broadening access to existing opportunities.
- Aim 3: Government will activate, by securing funding and backing feasible deals.
Visit the Advance Queensland website to learn more about the strategy.
Last updated: 01 Jul 2021