Boards, committees and other government bodies
Queensland Government boards, committees and other bodies play an important role in providing leadership, direction and advice across government services.
The following boards, committees and other government bodies are included in the portfolio of the Minister for Tourism Industry Development and Innovation and Minister for Sport.
- Tourism and Events Queensland Board
- Stadiums Queensland Board
- Suncorp Stadium Management Advisory Committee
- Innovation Advisory Council
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Business Innovation Reference Group
- Board of the Queensland Academy of Sport
- International Education and Training Advisory Group
- Mt Gravatt Showgrounds Trust
In July 2015 the Queensland Government announced gender diversity targets of 50% female representation on state boards and bodies with 50% of all new appointees to government bodies to be women by 2020.
On 30 September 2019, the Queensland Government achieved both of these targets ahead of time through the Women on Boards initiative. The Queensland Government continues monitor board appointments ensuring 50% of all appointees are women. This is one of the ways the Queensland Government is leading the way on gender equality.
This initiative can be seen in action through the Board of the Queensland Academy of Sport, where half of the members are women with expertise in their fields, who have been engaged to direct Queensland’s high-performance sport environment.
Roles and functions
DTIS’s boards, committees and government bodies have various roles and functions, such as:
- attracting visitors to travel to and within Queensland through marketing and promoting Queensland
- managing, operating and promoting the use of Queensland's major sports and entertainment facilities
- providing independent advice to government on international education and training in Queensland
- providing advice and recommendations to government on future directions, opportunities and challenges in regard to science, innovation, economic development, and the growth of the knowledge economy and corresponding jobs in Queensland
- responsibility for developing Queensland Academy of Sport policy and overseeing the overall direction of the Academy.
To find out more about specific boards, committees and other Queensland Government bodies visit Queensland Register of Appointees to Government Bodies and search by name and other options for membership, roles and functions.
Join a board, committee or other government body
- Put yourself forward to be considered for a rewarding and productive way to get involved with government
- Remuneration for people serving on boards and committees.
Last updated: 14 Feb 2022