Boards, committees and other government bodies
Queensland Government boards, committees and other government bodies play an important role in providing leadership, direction and advice across many areas of Queensland Government services.
There are five boards, committees or other government bodies in the portfolio of the Minister for Innovation and Tourism Industry Development and Minister for Sport.
- Tourism and Events Queensland Board
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Business
- Innovation Reference Group
- International Education and Training Advisory Group
- The Queensland Academy of Sport (QAS) Board
- Stadiums Queensland Board
- Suncorp Stadium Management Advisory Committee
- Sport Minister’s Advisory Council
- Mt Gravatt Showgrounds Trust
In July 2015 the Queensland Government announced gender diversity targets of 50% female representation on state boards and bodies with 50% of all new appointees to government bodies to be women by 2020.
This strategy can be seen in action through the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Business and Innovation Reference Group, where over half the members are female Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander entrepreneurs, business leaders and researchers, recruited to provide strategic advice on matters that impact Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
Roles and functions
DTIS’s boards, committees and government bodies have various roles and functions, such as:
- attracting international domestic travellers to travel to and within Queensland through marketing and promoting Queensland
- providing independent advice to Government on international education and training in Queensland
- providing advice and recommendations to Government on future directions, opportunities and challenges in regard to science, innovation, economic development and the growth of the knowledge economy and corresponding jobs in Queensland
- responsibility for developing QAS policy and overseeing the overall direction of the Academy.
To find out more about specific boards, committees and other Queensland Government bodies visit Queensland Register of Appointees to Government Bodies and search by name and other options for membership, roles and functions.
Join a board, committee or other government body
- Nominate to join a board, committee or other government body
Put yourself forward to be considered for a rewarding and productive way to get involved with government
- Remuneration for people serving on boards and committees
Last updated: 06 Jul 2020