Office of the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur
The Office of the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur (OQCE) is the first of its kind in Australia with a strong goal – to make Queensland the number one #startupstate in the country.
The office is part of the $755 million Advance Queensland initiative to build innovation in Queensland. The office is led by Chief Entrepreneur, Leanne Kemp, who is also the Founder and CEO of Everledger.
Since taking office in 2018, Leanne has helped hundreds of Queensland startups to grow their business. And with a strong interest in regional Queensland, Leanne has been pivotal in creating the Building Innovation in the Regions Program.
Leanne sees the program as an important way of connecting with local entrepreneurs, innovators, back-yard inventors and people who are interested in how innovation can solve the challenges we face today as a community.
The OQCE aims to:
- help develop Queensland’s startup ecosystem
- support and connect Queensland entrepreneurs, startups, and small businesses
- work with incubators, accelerators and coworking spaces
- connect with regional and remote Queensland to encourage and foster statewide entrepreneurship
- showcase Queensland startup and entrepreneurial talent to local, national and international audiences
- stimulate and attract local, national and international investment and venture capital to Queensland
- connect the right opportunities, people, places and spaces to help Queensland grow, scale, and create jobs.
Queensland Chief Entrepreneur, Leanne Kemp
Appointed in 2018, Leanne Kemp is Queensland's third Chief Entrepreneur. She is the first female to hold this position following on from Steve Baxter and Mark Sowersby.
In her role, Leanne works on a global scale to encourage entrepreneurship and innovation. She is a prominent figure in the technology sector and an advocate of sustainability in business.
Leanne's roles include:
- Queensland Chief Entrepreneur 2018-19
- CEO and Founder, Everledger
- Co-Chair, Global Future Council on the Future of Manufacturing, World Economic Forum
- Member of the Global Future Council on Blockchain - Circular Economy and Global Battery Alliance, World Economic Forum
- Co-Chair, Sustainable Trade Action Group, World Trade Board
- Advisor, IBM Blockchain Platform Board of Advisors
- Adjunct Professor at the Institute for Future Environment Queensland University of Technology
Leanne's achievements and awards include:
- Two-time Patent Inventor
- Advancing Identification Matter (AIM) Global Allan Gilligan Award 2019
- Advance Technology Innovation Award 2018
- Innovator of the Year 2018 (Women in IT Awards, London)
- Innovator of the Year 2016 (Women in IT Awards, London)
- Top 26 Coolest Women in UK Tech, 2016 (Business Insider)
- Top 30 Female Innovators (Brummell Magazine)
Find out more about the Office of the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur.
Last updated: 11 Feb 2020