Growing Tourism Infrastructure Fund
More visitors than ever before are choosing Queensland for their holidays. To ensure continued growth, our tourism industry is developing new and improved attractions and experiences.
We are committed to growing Queensland's $27 billion tourism industry and partnering with local governments, not-for-profit organisations and private tourism operators to lead the development of new tourism infrastructure.
Through the Growing Tourism Infrastructure Fund we are:
- building resilient businesses, regions and communities
- boosting economic returns for the state
- developing new tourism experiences and attractions
- creating new sustainable jobs
- increasing visitor expenditure.
Economic Recovery funding
The $25 million Growing Tourism Infrastructure Fund 2020/21 is a key element of the Queensland Economic Recovery Strategy: Unite and Recover for Queensland Jobs to help accelerate the State’s recovery from COVID-19.
This funding boost aims to fast-track the development of new and enhanced tourism infrastructure projects that will strengthen Queensland’s tourism industry and deliver economic benefits to Queensland.
The key objectives of the Fund are to:
- fast-track shovel-ready projects that can commence within two-three months of approval
- create new jobs in both construction and on-going operational phases
- build sustainable new and improved infrastructure and products that enhance tourism experiences
- increase overnight visitor numbers and expenditure
- deliver regional economic benefits.
Applications are now closed.
Our funded projects stretch across the state and include some Australian firsts. These growing tourism projects will attract more visitors to the state and increase economic development in our regions.
Last updated: 26 Mar 2021