Dunwich (Gumpi) master plan
Led by the Queensland Government Department of State Development, Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning the master plan aims to:
- identify areas for future residential, commercial, community, environmental and industrial land uses
- explore ways to better tell the Traditional Custodians story to visitors
- identify necessary upgrades to infrastructure and services to improve liveability
- acknowledge and respect cultural, social and environmental values
- enhance the town’s role and appeal as a tourism-friendly destination and gateway to Minjerribah (North Stradbroke Island).
The department is currently drafting the master plan and when completed will invite community feedback.
Learn more about the Gumpi (Dunwich) master plan and opportunities to provide your feedback.
Provides a framework for future development that considers community and natural values
Directs improvements to transport, community and cultural facilities for residents and visitors
Supports economic development through attraction of new businesses and protection of existing businesses
Last updated: 03 Dec 2020