Virtual Reality in Visitor Information Centres
11 Visitor Information Centres across Queensland have received virtual reality units to showcase regional gems and entice visitors to experience local product.
The Queensland Government partnered with the Tourism Group Pty Ltd to bring virtual reality units to 11 accredited Visitor Information Centres, which enables them to showcase specific attractions to entice and encourage visitors to stay in the area longer and contribute to the local economy.
The project included the provision of headsets, content production and a 360-degree camera to create and showcase content and enable the centres to develop and refresh content in the future.
Visitor Information Centres that are part of the program are:
- Cloncurry Unearthed Visitor Information Centre and Museum
- Winton Visitor Information Centre, Waltzing Matilda Centre
- Quilpie Visitor Information Centre
- Karumba Visitor Information Centre
- Miles Visitor Information Centre
- Central Highlands VIC Emerald Qld
- Injune Visitor Information Centre
- Cunnamulla Fella Centre
- Bundaberg Visitor Information Centre
- Toowoomba Visitor Information Centre
- Kingaroy Visitor Information Centre
Digital tourism experiences
Increased visitor spend
Visitors encouraged to stay longer in Outback Queensland
Last updated: 10 Dec 2020