Queensland Tourism Business Financial Counselling Service
We are supporting tourism businesses with free financial counselling services as they navigate through the impacts of COVID-19.
On this page
The Queensland Tourism Business Financial Counselling Service provides free financial counselling support to help tourism operators who have been financially impacted as a result of COVID-19.
The services we are providing are:
- Free online Tourism Business Health Check
- Free support from a Tourism Business Financial Counsellor
- 50% rebate on up to $5,000 of professional advice
Read the Queensland Tourism Business Financial Counselling Service frequently asked questions (PDF, 312.5KB) for further information.
Tourism business health check
In less than 10 minutes, the online health check helps businesses:
- assess areas of strength and areas for improvement
- assess risk and resilience
- identify efficiencies.
Upon completion, a personalised and confidential report directs an operator to resources where further information and support is available.
Tourism business financial counsellor service
The counsellors can assist businesses with:
- understanding their finances and financial position
- business planning
- options and strategies to assist business sustainability
- finding and accessing government assistance
- identifying personal, professional and financial risks and developing risk management strategies.
- dealing with debt including supporting negotiation and mediation
- succession planning to transition the family business to the next generation
- connecting to specialist social and welfare support.
- a referral to the Tourism Business Professional Advice Rebate when additional expert financial, legal or human resource advice is needed.
Tourism business professional advice rebate
The rebate provides up to a maximum of $2,500 (excluding GST) per eligible business for additional professional financial, legal and/or human resource advice. That is, a rebate of 50% of the costs of up to $5,000 (excluding GST) in professional advice received.
Eligible businesses must:
- complete the online tourism business health check
- receive an approved referral form from counsellor for additional face-face professional support.
The rebate will close on 30 June 2022 or until funding has been fully allocated.
This services is led by the Department of Tourism, Innovation and Sport (DTIS) in partnership with the Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC).
Delivery partners include the Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority (QRIDA) and the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF). The program is an extension of the Queensland Government’s existing COVID-19 Small Business Financial Counselling Service led by DAF and delivered by Rural Solutions Queensland in southern Queensland, and the Remote Area Planning and Development Board in northern Queensland.
The $2 million program will run from March 2021 to June 2022.
- Frequently asked questions (PDF, 327.2KB) for the Tourism Business Professional Advice Rebate
- Queensland Tourism Business Financial Counselling Service frequently asked questions
- Rebate guidelines (PDF, 299.7KB)
- Email email@example.com to register your interest to receive program updates.
- To find out more about the COVID-19 Small Business Financial Counsellors visit:
Last updated: 19 Aug 2021