Queensland Tourism Business Financial Counselling Service
We are supporting tourism businesses with free financial counselling services as they navigate through the impacts of the pandemic or a natural disaster.
On this page
The Queensland Tourism Business Financial Counselling Service provides free financial counselling support to help tourism operators who have been financially impacted as a result of the pandemic or a natural disaster.
The services we are providing are:
- Free online Tourism Business Health Check
- Free support from a Tourism Business Financial Counsellor.
Tourism business health check
In less than 10 minutes, the Tourism Business Health Check helps businesses:
- assess areas of strength and areas for improvement
- assess risk and resilience
- identify efficiencies.
Upon completion, a personalised and confidential report directs an operator to resources where further information and support is available.
Tourism business financial counsellor service
The counsellors can assist businesses with:
- understanding their finances and financial position
- business planning
- options and strategies to assist business sustainability
- finding and accessing government assistance
- identifying personal, professional and financial risks and developing risk management strategies
- dealing with debt including supporting negotiation and mediation
- succession planning to transition the family business to the next generation
- connecting to specialist social and welfare support.
Find a Tourism and Small Business Financial Counsellor in your region.
Small Business Wellness Coach
Located across Queensland, Wellness Coaches are available to help small business owners with unique and personal business challenges, needs and opportunities in a free one-on-one, supportive environment.
Wellness Coaches can help you find the right service available and refer you to a specialist service provider for support to reduce stress, improve wellbeing and provide flexible business support to you or any of your family members employed by your business.
The Small Business Wellness Coaches are a part of the network of support, which includes the Tourism and Small Business Financial Counsellors, for businesses across Queensland.
For more information visit the Small Business Wellness Coaches website.
This service is led by the Department of Tourism, Innovation and Sport (DTIS) in partnership with the Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC).
The service delivery partner is the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF) with the program being delivered by Rural Solutions Queensland in southern Queensland, and the Remote Area Planning and Development Board in northern Queensland.
The program will run from March 2021 to December 2023.
- Email email@example.com
- To find out more about the Tourism and Small Business Financial Counsellors visit:
Last updated: 12 May 2023