Tourism and Hospitality Sector Hardship Grant
Part of the $600 million Australian-Queensland Government COVID-19 support package to help Queensland’s tourism and hospitality businesses who continue to face significant hardship.
Grants of up to $100,000 are available for a range of eligible tourism and hospitality operators facing significant financial hardship as a result of COVID-19 travel restrictions and interstate lockdowns.
The $80 million program will support these businesses to continue offering a viable product and be in a position to retain and ramp-up their workforce as interstate tourism markets fully open.
There are 3 levels of support available:
|Business Type|| Queensland Annual |
Payroll Size (relevant Financial Year)
|First Payment (excl. GST)||Second Payment (excl. GST)||Total Available Funding (excl. GST)|
|Eligible employing small tourism and hospitality businesses and non-profit organisations||Less than $1.3 million||$15,000||$15,000||$30,000|
|Eligible employing medium tourism and hospitality businesses and non-profit organisations||$1.3 million and $10 million inclusive||$25,000||$25,000||$50,000|
|Eligible employing large tourism and hospitality businesses and non-profit organisations||More than $10 million||$50,000||$50,000||$100,000|
Businesses and non-profit organisations who have applied for or received the COVID-19 Business Support Grant and/or COVID-19 Border Business Zone Hardship Grant can also apply for the Tourism and Hospitality Sector Hardship Grant, where eligible.
Approved grant funding will be paid in 2 equal instalments.
Who can apply?
To be eligible, you must:
- be operating in Queensland in the tourism and hospitality sector (check the eligible ANZSIC class codes).
- have an annual turnover of over $75,000 and employ at least 1 employee in your Queensland operations.
- have experienced at least a 70 per cent decline in turnover for your Queensland operations over a 7-day consecutive period between 1 July 2021 and 30 September 2021 compared to the same period in either 2018-19, 2019-20 or 2020-21.
- have experienced significant impacts in relation to COVID-19 travel restrictions and interstate lockdowns to your Queensland operations.
Please read the guidelines (PDF, 276.5KB) for full eligibility criteria and evidence requirements for the application.
Major tourism businesses that receive support under the Major Tourism Experiences Hardship Grant will not be eligible to receive a grant under the Tourism and Hospitality Sector Hardship Grant.
How to apply
To apply, complete the steps below.
- Read the guidelines (PDF, 276.5KB) and frequently asked questions (PDF, 271.7KB).
- Prepare your supporting evidence to submit with your application.
- Complete and submit your application through the QRIDA portal.
Approved applicants for the First Payment can submit eligibility confirmation for their Second Payment between:
- Monday 8 November 2021 to 6pm Monday 6 December 2021.
Create a QRIDA profile
To create a new profile:
- Visit the QRIDA portal.
- Select the 'Register' tab and enter your details.
- Check your email inbox (and junk mail) for a QRIDA validation email – allow time to receive this email.
- After validating your account, you will be able to log in to the QRIDA portal and submit your application.
To check your existing profile:
- Log in to the QRIDA portal to test your password (Note: You may need to reset your password).
- Confirm your details are correct.
Applications opened on Monday 11 October 2021, and will close 6pm Monday 22 November 2021. Completed applications will be processed in the order they are received.
- Funding guidelines (PDF, 276.5KB)
- Frequently asked questions (PDF, 271.7KB)
- Accountant letter template (DOCX, 56.9KB)
Last updated: 15 Oct 2021