Active Gameday Projects
The Active Gameday Projects fund is an initiative under the Queensland Government’s Activate! Queensland 2019-2029 strategy. The initiative is helping the sport and active recreation industry on the road to recovery by investing in smaller scale infrastructure projects that benefit local communities.
Funding is supporting field of play participation-enhancing works, that meet local community level playing requirements under 2 project types:
- Project type 1 - install or upgrade of sports lights
- Project type 2 - develop or upgrade of playing surfaces/space(s) including irrigation.
A total of 104 projects have been approved for funding under Active Gameday Projects. The program will allow organisations to undertake, field of play, participation-enhancing works, that meet local community level playing requirements.
See funding recipient list.
Active Gameday Projects will offer grants to not-for-profit sport and active recreation organisations and local governments to work collaboratively, with the department, to deliver 'field of play’ infrastructure projects that enhance participation opportunities at the local community level.
Total funding of $9.726 million (GST exclusive) was made available, including up to $1 million dedicated for eligible organisations that have partnered with Education Queensland schools for projects located on State School land.
27 September 2021 – Applications opened
5 November 2021 – Applications closed
Early 2022 – Successful projects announced
30 June 2023 – Projects completed
30 September 2023 – Projects acquitted and reports submitted
- Read the Active Gameday Projects guidelines (PDF, 591.4KB) (updated 22 Oct 2021) for more information about the program and requirements.
- Review the program frequently asked questions.
- Read the Activate! Queensland 2019-2029 strategy.
- Call 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Speak with your local sport and recreation office.
Last updated: 09 May 2022