Queensland Pathways Blueprint
An overarching framework to support upcoming talent and to encourage life-long participation.
We’re consulting with Queensland’s sport and recreation ecosystem to help us understand the current pathways landscape across the state to inform a new Pathways Blueprint.
The Queensland Pathways Blueprint will provide an overarching framework for a coordinated and connected approach to support developing Queensland talent and encourage life-long participation.
The Pathways Blueprint is an initiative from Activate! Queensland Action Plan 2: Accelerate 2022-2025 which commits to set the direction and tone to enhance the pathway environment in Queensland and identifying areas of improvement to ensure best practice opportunities are delivered.
What happens next?
- A Pathways Blueprint Reference Group was established in January to provide strategic guidance throughout the development and implementation of the Blueprint.
- Group forums and individual interviews (invite only) with the sport and recreation ecosystem were held in February 2023.
- An online survey was open from 23 February until 5 March 2023 to help us better understand how industry and government can enhance Queensland’s sport and recreation pathways. The survey was open to Queensland-based athletes, coaches, officials, sport or recreation administrators, parents, state level organisations and peak bodies.
- A review of existing literature and evidence of the current pathway system including an analysis of effective pathway systems domestically and internationally is currently being finalised.
- The final Queensland Pathways Blueprint will be released in late 2023.
Pathways Blueprint Reference Group updates
For more information on the Queensland Pathways Blueprint project, email email@example.com
Last updated: 06 Mar 2023