The Stadium Taskforce was established on 22 April 2018 to review the pricing and practices of Stadiums Queensland.
The Taskforce was requested to examine:
- the current operating and pricing models for major sports events for each of the venues within the Stadiums Queensland portfolio
- how these models impact hirers, patrons, major event attraction
- the costs and benefits to the Queensland community.
The final report was provided to the Queensland Government on 28 November 2018, and focussed on:
- community expectations associated with ticket and food prices, community access and ensuring a home for our national sporting teams
- management to ensure proper maintenance and upgrades for events and usage
- venue specific considerations
- future infrastructure needs
- governance arrangements and financial sustainability of Stadiums Queensland.
The final report informed Activate! Queensland 2019-2029 and its first three-year action plan Our Active8: 2019-2029.
View the final Stadium Taskforce Report (PDF, 6MB).
Download in parts:
On 16 July 2018, the Taskforce provided an interim report to Queensland Government.
- Stadium Taskforce interim report (PDF, 6.2MB).
- Queensland Government’s response to the interim report (PDF, 32KB).
Last updated: 15 Feb 2021