About the Growing Indigenous Tourism in Queensland Fund
Queensland is home to world-class Indigenous tourism experiences and has the unique ability for visitors to experience both Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture.
To enhance the current Indigenous tourism offerings, we have invested $7 million into the Growing Indigenous Tourism in Queensland Fund.
This fund was delivered to support the development of new and sustainable Indigenous tourism products and experiences that will encourage high value travellers to visit Queensland.
All funds have now been fully committed and applications are no longer being accepted.
Aims and objectives
The aim of the Fund is to support the development and growth of sustainable Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander tourism businesses and increase the capability of these businesses to deliver high quality tourism products and experiences.
The key objectives of the Fund are to:
- Support the development of new, unique and Innovative Indigenous tourism products and experiences in Queensland, particularly in regional areas and eco-tourism, and support the growth of sustainable Indigenous owned tourism businesses that will contribute to increasing overnight visitor expenditure for Queensland;
- Increase the ability of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander owned business to develop and/or deliver enhanced Indigenous tourism products and experiences and/or develop strong business cases that can be used to advance these opportunities to market or secure funding from other sources to establish and deliver the tourism product or experience;
- Directly improve economic opportunities and create new jobs or career pathways for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Queenslanders; and
- Provide a broader benefit to Queensland's economy by driving economic development and diversity in communities.
Read about the recipients of the fund and updates on their projects:
- Category 1 recipients — developing concepts for products or experiences
- Category 2 recipients — delivering built infrastructure and facilities
Read the funding guidelines (PDF, 903.7KB) for more details.
Last updated: 08 Jun 2022