Boosting Accessible Tourism Experiences Grant
Funding to support the development and enhancement of tourism products and smaller scale infrastructure to make it more accessible.
The $1 million Boosting Accessible Tourism Experiences Grant provides funding support for sole traders and small tourism and events businesses to develop and/or enhance accessibility.
It is part of the Queensland Government’s $12 million investment to support delivery of a package of initiatives to enhance and develop accessible tourism products and to raise awareness about accessible tourism experiences in Queensland.
The Year of Accessible Tourism supports key actions in the Towards Tourism 2032 strategy.
Grants between $5,000 and $20,000 (GST exclusive) are available for the development and/or enhancement of existing tourism products or infrastructure to develop more accessible visitor experiences and enhance accessibility for tourism workers. Grant funding may cover up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs.
The key objectives of the Fund are to support projects that will:
- increase the number of tourism and events businesses that are delivering exceptional and accessible customer experiences
- have a positive impact for the community through improved accessibility to visitors
- support and provide opportunities to the tourism and events industry to make improvements to accessibility for visitors and workers with disability.
To apply for funding an organisation (including incorporated not-for-profit organisations) must be an eligible applicant (refer to Appendix 1 of the Guidelines (PDF, 491.5KB) for all eligibility definitions that apply):
- with an established operating base in Queensland; and
- currently operating in the tourism or events industry in Queensland (as per definition of tourism and events industry at Appendix 1 (PDF, 491.5KB)); and
- have fewer than 20 full time equivalent employees; and
- registered for GST or hold an exemption for GST.
Eligible applicants are able to submit only 1 application per ABN under the Boosting Accessible Tourism Experiences grant scheme or the Accessible Tourism Infrastructure grant scheme.
An application may incorporate multiple components / project activities listed in Appendix 2 of the Guidelines (PDF, 491.5KB).
Applying for funding
Applications are managed through the Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority (QRIDA) Portal and will close on Friday 30 June 2023. Read the instructions on how to register in the QRIDA Application Portal (PDF, 1MB).
For more information, please see the Boosting Accessible Tourism Experiences Grant guidelines (PDF, 491.5KB) .
|Applications open||Monday 8 May 2023|
|Applications close||11.59pm, Friday 30 June 2023|
|Outcome of applications advised||Completed applications will be processed in the order they are received.|
|Project completion date||By 30 June 2024|
For more information please contact QRIDA on 1800 623 946 or email Contact_us@qrida.qld.gov.au.
Last updated: 08 May 2023