Tourism Experience Development Fund
Supporting the delivery of new and enhanced compelling tourism products and experiences in Queensland.
About the fund
The $15 Million Tourism Experience Development Fund is a key initiative of the Queensland Government’s interim response to the Tourism Industry Reference Panel’s final action plan – Towards 2032: Reshaping Queensland’s visitor economy to welcome the world (PDF, 18.1MB).
This fund provides the opportunity for the Queensland Government to partner with industry to deliver new and enhanced compelling tourism products and experiences.
The key aims of the fund are to:
- rebuild visitor confidence in Queensland’s tourism industry
- drive demand for Queensland destinations
- meet the changing preferences of consumers through enhanced tourism products.
The key objectives of the fund are to:
- deliver new and enhanced tourism products and experiences that may include contemporary refresh of existing products and experiences, diversifying the tourism offering in a region and/or improving the customer experience
- increase overnight visitor numbers and expenditure
- deliver regional economic, community impact and sustainability benefits.
Projects will include high growth attributes such as:
- ecotourism – to showcase Queensland’s natural assets
- accessible and inclusive tourism
- First Nations experiences
- adventure tourism.
Funding for the $15 million Tourism Experience Development Fund will support 50 projects across Queensland which are estimated to support 538 construction jobs and 386 ongoing operational jobs, and attract over 466,000 additional visitors each year.
View the list of successful recipients (PDF, 77.7KB).
Email GrowingTI@dtis.qld.gov.au for more information.
Last updated: 14 Oct 2022