Growing Future Tourism
The Growing Future Tourism (GFT) program will provide financial support to eligible Queensland tourism operators, not-for-profit organisations and local governments to deliver new and enhanced tourism infrastructure or experiences in the priority areas of:
- coastal and marine tourism
- heritage and cultural tourism
- ecotourism and sustainability.
Under GFT, the first $8 million funding round of between $1 million and $4 million (ex GST) on a matched contribution basis for eligible project costs is available for eligible recipients and projects.
Ineligible expenditure is borne by the recipient.
Projects should strategically align to government priorities for tourism, for example:
- Towards Tourism 2032 strategy
- Queensland Government’s Ecotourism Plan for Queensland’s Protected Areas 2023 – 2028 strategy
- Tourism and Events Queensland’s Nature-based Tourism Strategy 2021-2024
- relevant region’s regional tourism organisation’s Destination Tourism Plan.
Examples of the types of projects proposed to be supported could include the following:
- Marine tourism terminals / pontoons / jetties
- Tourism / resort accommodation
- Tech overlay – online, digital, virtual and augmented reality capability enhancement of a destination, tourism infrastructure product or experience
- Paleo tourism infrastructure product / experience
- First Nations tourism infrastructure product / experience
- Ecotourism infrastructure and products that develop or enhances existing tourism experience
- Nature-based tourism infrastructure or experience
- Agritourism infrastructure product / experience.
The above list is not exhaustive and provided as a guide only.
The GFT will be offered under a two-stage application process.
Expressions of Interest (EOI) are now closed.
After review and assessment of EOIs, selected applicants may be invited to submit a Full Business Case (FBC) detailing the project. Applicants will have up to 6 weeks to prepare and submit the FBC application.
These dates are indicative only and subject to change as required.
Expression of interest opened
2 August 2023
Expression of interest closed
11 September (11.59pm AEST)
Full business cases invited
From 9 October 2023
Full business cases close
20 November 2023 (11.59pm AEST)
- Email: GrowingTI@dtis.qld.gov.au
- Growing Future Tourism guidelines (PDF, 544.8KB)
- Example Growing Future Tourism agreement
Last updated: 11 Aug 2023