Queensland is a premier tourism destination with world-renowned natural wonders which attract millions of visitors each year. We are perfectly positioned on Asia's doorstep and primed for continued growth, which makes this a great time to invest.
Tourism Investment Attraction
Queensland offers tourism investors a wealth of opportunities across the state, due to our:
- resilient and diverse economy
- strong collaboration between industry and government
- iconic tourism offering, spanning urban, reef, rainforest and outback destinations
- supportive business environment.
We encourage investment to revitalise existing tourism assets and create new tourism infrastructure across the state.
We assist investors throughout the investment and development process, with support extended to:
- A coordinated tourism investment approach: assisting investors and developers of tourism products to navigate their way through government and streamline the development process.
- Market and investment information: provides investors with economic and tourism data to help inform investment decisions.
- Tourism investment events: global delivery of targeted tourism investment attraction initiatives to showcase Queensland as a tourism investment destination and attract capital for tourism developments.
Visit the Tourism Investment Gateway for further information about investing in Queensland’s tourism industry.
Ecotourism is a key component of Queensland’s tourism industry.
The Queensland Government is committed to creating more opportunities to showcase Queensland’s natural beauty while preserving these natural assets for future generations.
Our Queensland Ecotourism Development Toolkit (PDF 6.7MB) provides developers and investors with the knowledge and guidelines to help make informed decisions regarding the development of ecotourism products on different land tenures.
Combined with advice and assistance from your town planner and professional advisors, the toolkit can help you:
- create an ecotourism development proposal for securing necessary approvals
- gain an understanding of the ecotourism development process and how to navigate the planning and regulatory approvals process.
Queensland Ecotourism Investment Climate
The Queensland Government encourages private investment into ecotourism opportunities for the right:
Our Queensland Ecotourism Plan 2016-2020 promotes a fresh approach to ecotourism and provides strategic vision and direction to make Queensland an internationally celebrated ecotourism destination.
The plan provides tourism operators, government, community and other stakeholders with clear direction on how Queensland will leverage its competitive advantage to become a bold and innovative world leader in ecotourism.
Contact us for further information on ecotourism or investing in Queensland.
Last updated: 07 Jul 2021