The Tourism Industry Reference Panel invited industry and the community to contribute their ideas to help design the future of tourism in Queensland.
A discussion paper (PDF, 4.0MB), released in May 2021, outlined the current context and posed 8 questions about the future.
The Panel received 44 written submissions and 29 survey responses from a cross-section of organisations, businesses, and individuals.
During the consultation period, the Panel hosted 6 workshops, in Cairns, the Whitsundays, Brisbane and the Gold Coast and with representatives from across the Outback.
The Panel also attended 16 meetings with businesses, industry groups, tourism organisations and Australian and local government representatives.
Feedback received through the submissions and survey have guided the development of the Interim Action Plan for Tourism Recovery.
Attractions, events and tours
Aviation and transport
Tropical North Queensland
Southern Queensland Country
The Tourism Industry Reference Panel received 44 written submissions from various businesses, industry groups, organisations with an interest in the future of tourism in Queensland.
Submissions were received from:
- Adventure Queensland (PDF, 250.7KB)
- Airbnb (PDF, 1.6MB)
- Australasian Off Road Vehicle Association (PDF, 927.6KB)
- Australian Amusement, Leisure and Recreation Association Inc (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Bastion Marketing (PDF, 182.3KB)
- Booking.com (Commercial-in-confidence)
- Brisbane Airport (PDF, 941.0KB)
- Brisbane Airport, Gold Coast Airport, Cairns Airport and Sunshine Coast Airport Joint submission (PDF, 857.8KB)
- Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre and Cairns Convention Centre (Commercial-in-confidence)
- Brisbane Economic Development Agency (PDF, 1.6MB)
- Brisbane Economic Development Agency, Destination Gold Coast and Tourism Tropical North Queensland Joint Submission (PDF, 430.1KB)
- Brisbane Off-Road Riders Alliance Inc (PDF, 6.3MB)
- Cairns Regional Council (PDF, 2.1MB)
- Caravan Parks Association of Queensland (PDF, 8.2MB)
- Carpentaria Shire Council (PDF, 3.6MB)
- Cruise Lines International Association Australasia (PDF, 189.4KB)
- Destination Gold Coast (PDF, 3.7MB)
- EarthCheck (PDF, 5.5MB)
- Freida Berry-Porter Submission (PDF, 17.8MB)
- Labor Environment Action Network, Queensland (PDF, 393.2KB)
- Local Government Association of Queensland (PDF, 565.5KB)
- Moreton Bay Region Industry and Tourism (PDF, 227.0KB)
- Moreton Bay Regional Council (PDF, 397.0KB)
- NRMA (PDF, 195.7KB)
- Outback Queensland (PDF, 180.4KB)
- Queensland Airports Limited (PDF, 228.6KB)
- Queensland Farmers’ Federation (PDF, 350.7KB)
- Queensland Regional Tourism Network (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Queensland Sapphire Miners Association (PDF, 172.8KB)
- Queensland State Forest User Alliance (PDF, 178.9KB)
- Queensland Tourism Industry Council (PDF, 240.7KB)
- Robbie Katter MP – State Member for Traeger (PDF, 239.6KB)
- Telstra Purple (Commercial-in-confidence)
- The Next Economy (PDF, 400.7KB)
- The Outback Prospector (PDF, 22.7MB)
- The Star Entertainment Group (PDF, 210.3KB)
- The University of Queensland, Griffith University and the University of the Sunshine Coast Joint submission (PDF, 3.0MB)
- TKG Platform (Commercial-in-confidence)
- Tourism Tropical North Queensland (PDF, 155.2KB)
- Townsville Enterprise (PDF, 169.0KB)
- Townsville Labor Environment Action Network (PDF, 226.0KB)
- Townsville Metal Detecting Club (PDF, 162.0KB)
- Visit Sunshine Coast (Commercial-in-confidence)
- Wet Tropics Management Authority (PDF, 8.7MB)
Last updated: 05 Nov 2021